An estimated 1.2 million Hispanics of Colombian beginning lived in the us in 2017, based on a Pew Research Center analysis of this U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s United states Community Survey. Colombians in this profile that is statistical individuals who self-identified as Hispanics of Colombian beginning; including immigrants from Colombia and the ones whom trace their loved ones ancestry to Colombia.
Colombians will be the seventh-largest populace of Hispanic beginning located in the usa, accounting for just two% for the U.S. population that is hispanic 2017. Since 2000, the population that is colombian-origin increased 148%, growing from 502,000 to 1.2 million throughout the duration. The colombian foreign-born population living in the U.S. grew by 99%, from 383,000 in 2000 to 763,000 in 2017 at the same time. In contrast, Mexicans, the nationвЂ™s largest Hispanic origin team, constituted 36.6 million, or 62%, associated with Hispanic population in 2017.
Colombian-origin population within the U.S., 2000-2017
|Year||international born||U.S. created|
Pew Analysis Center
The after key points compare demographic and financial traits associated with Colombian-origin population in the U.S. using the faculties of U.S. Hispanics plus the U.S. populace overall. Its according to Pew analysis Center tabulations of this 2017 United states Community Survey. Key points consist of:
- Among Hispanics within the U.S., about 33% are international created, weighed against 61% of U.S. Colombians.
- About 43percent of foreign-born Colombians will be in the U.S. for over twenty years, and 60% of foreign-born Colombians are U.S. residents.
- About 16% of U.S. Hispanics many years 25 and older have developed at the very least a degree that is bachelorвЂ™s in contrast to 33% of Colombians.
- Among Colombians many years 25 and older, the U.S. born tend to be more most most likely compared to the international born to have bachelorвЂ™s degree or more (42% vs. 30%).
- Among U.S. Hispanics, the median annual personal profits for anyone many years 16 and older ended up being $25,000, compared to $28,600 for Colombians.
- Taking a look at full-time, year-round employees, U.S. Hispanics obtained significantly less than Colombians ($34,000 vs. $40,000).
- The share of U.S. Hispanics whom reside in poverty (19%) is higher than among Colombians (11%).
- About 10% of U.S.-born Colombians are now living in poverty, because do 12% of foreign-born Colombians.
- The price of homeownership among U.S. Hispanics (47%) is comparable to the rate for Colombians (48%).
- Among Colombians into the U.S., prices of homeownership are reduced for the U.S. born than international created (48% vs. 49%).
Top states of residence
- The Colombian populace is focused in Florida (31%), ny (14%) and nj-new jersey (12%).
- The median age of U.S. Hispanics (29) is gloomier than that of Colombians (37) in addition to U.S. populace (38).
- U.S. Hispanics many years 18 and older are less likely to want to be hitched (46%) than Colombians (50%).
- Among Colombians many years 18 and older, those people who are international created are more inclined to be hitched compared to the U.S. born (56% vs. 36%).
- About 7% of U.S. Hispanic women many years 15 to 44 gave delivery within the one year ahead of the July 2017 United states Community Survey. The price for Colombian ladies had been 5%.
- About 70% of U.S. Hispanics many years 5 and older talk just English in the home or talk English at the very least вЂњvery well,вЂќ contrasted with 62% of Colombians.
- Likewise, 64% of Hispanic grownups are English proficient, since are 57% of Colombian grownups.
Down load the information
Other U.S. fact that is hispanic
- Facts on U.S. Latinos
- Origin fact that is group-specific:
Pew Research CenterвЂ™s fact sheets on U.S. Latinos and the associated blog post examine the Latino populace for the United States general and also by its 15 biggest origin groups вЂ” Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Salvadorans, Cubans, Dominicans, Guatemalans, Colombians, Hondurans, Spaniards, Ecuadorians, Peruvians, Nicaraguans, Venezuelans, Argentines and Panamanians. These sheets offer detailed geographical, demographic and economic faculties for all Latinos as well as each Latino origin team. These are generally centered on Pew analysis Center tabulations associated with the U.S. Census BureauвЂ™s 2010, 2015 and 2017 American Community Survey (ACS) as well as the 2000 U.S. decennial census.
The ACS may be the household survey that is largest in america, with an example of greater than 3 million addresses. It covers the subjects formerly covered when you look at the long as a type of the census that is decennial. The ACS is made to offer quotes associated with size and traits regarding the resident population, which includes people located in households and team quarters. For lots more information about the ACS, like the sampling strategy and connected error, look at 2010, 2015 or 2017 United states Community SurveyвЂ™s Accuracy Statement given by the U.S. Census Bureau.
The precise information sources of these reality sheets would be the 1% types of the 2010, 2015 and 2017 United states Community Survey (ACS) Integrated Public utilize Microdata Series (IPUMS) given by the University of Minnesota while the 5% test regarding the 2000 census that is decennial. IPUMS assigns uniform codes, to your degree feasible, to information gathered by the census that is decennial the ACS from 1850 to 2017. To find out more about IPUMS, including definition that is variable sampling mistake, please look at the вЂњIPUMS Documentation and consumer Guide.вЂќ
As a result of variations in the manner in which IPUMS and Census Bureau adjust earnings data and designate poverty status, information supplied on these subjects might vary from information being supplied by the Census Bureau.